Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ground Lamb with Pumpkin

Ground Lamb and Pumpkin
(Serves 4)
1 lb ground lamb (I bought lean ground lamb from wf)
1 zucchini, diced
1/2 red onion, diced
2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced (oopsies, i forgot to add this, ha!)
1 tbsp fresh mint, minced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cayenne pepper

Heat oil in a large skillet, add onion and garlic and saute for 1 minute.  Add lamb and cook until the lamb is almost done.  Add the remaining ingredients, mix well, cover and let simmer together for 2 minutes or until the zucchini is tender but not mushy.

For the pumpkin, use 1 small sugar pumpkin.  I peeled the skin completely off. Cut the pumpkin in 1/2 and removed the seeds. I then cut it into bite size cubes and put into a skillet with Coconut Oil and sauteed until tender. I added cinnamon and nutmeg. Once it became soft, I mashed in the pan.

This was the first time I have ever cooked lamb! To be honest, I really don't like the smell of lamb. I expected to not like it when I tasted it, but it tasted really good! The pumpkin was a nice addition to the meal.

1 comment:

  1. this one sounds awesome Suz! thanks so much for sharing all your recipes - I'm excited you're going to keep it up. Rest up that back!
    Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete