Friday, November 5, 2010

Chops!


I almost lost a chop tonight. Oh yeah, I'm not always perfect with my presentation or food placement. The chops, Sage Walnut Pork Chops that is, were done, so I began placing the first one on the plate. Once I picked up the second chop with my tongs, I completely lost hold of the sucker and it went flying across the first plate and landed on the second. ha. It was hilarious and so graceful. Whatevs, it still tasted amazing!

Another Erin O. recipe!!! I really liked it. Decided to pair it with broccoli, which turned out pretty nice. I cooked the broccoli a little different than usual. Instead of steaming, I cut the florets and placed them in a deep skillet with some garlic olive oil and simply sauteed them. Yum. 

Sage Walnut Pork Chops
2 Servings

2 boneless pork chops, 2 inches thick
1/2 cup walnuts
2 tablespoons fresh sage, roughly chopped
walnut oil
1/2 cup water

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In food processor, chop the walnuts finely. Add the sage to walnuts and chop briefly to combine. Press sage and walnut mixture into each side of the chops. In an oven proof skillet (I use my cast iron), heat the walnut oil over medium heat. Add pork chops and brown on first side. 


When browned, turn chops over and add 1/2 cup water to prevent burning. Place skillet into the oven. Roast chops until cooked. I cooked mine for 18 minutes. 

Today's Food Log
BREAKFAST
1banana
1 americano, dash of heavy whip
LUNCH
4 egg whites, kale and 1/2 jalapeno
12 cashews
SNACK
1 apple
1/2 delicata squash and coconut oil
DINNER 
1 walnut/sage pork chop
2 cups broccoli with olive oil

Looking back at my food today, made me wonder - am I eating enough protein? Am I eating enough in general? I think this has been a theme for my week. While I was in NYC, I had a lot of back to back meetings. One day I ate a protein bar for breakfast at 8am and then didn't eat anything until 7pm at night! Ridiculous. Needless to say, I am so glad to be home and having the opportunity to cook something!

Another thing - I think I'm going to try and give up fruit and see what happens. I just realized I had two pieces today. Sucks when you think you are doing pretty well and then you see your food log. booo. Anyway, I've hit a plateau. I'm not losing any weight, time to try something different. I do feel good though! 

Today's Workout Log
Snatch Grip Deadlift 5 x 5 @ 30X1
50-95-105-105-105
Paleo Challenge Workout!
15 min AMRAP of:
5 Power snatch @65
10 Box jumps @14
16 rounds plus 1 PS
I liked this workout, it was a good one. I felt like I pushed myself towards the latter half, but probably could have pushed myself more in the beginning. It's great to do a lower box jump, because I can focus on stringing these together. I feel like this will help me the next time I do a 20inch.

Post – 40 GHD Sit-ups

1 comment: