Monday, November 15, 2010

Puerto Rican Beef



After being out of town all weekend, I am soooo glad to be home and back in the kitchen. Got some new recipes to try out this week!!! The first is one I found on the "Everyday Paleo" blog. I subbed a jalapeno for the green pepper. 

It's real nice.

Puerto Rican Beef

Ingredients (serves 4)
1 lb grass fed ground beef
1 bunch kale chopped
1 white onion sliced
1 red and yellow bell pepper sliced
1 jalapeno
1/2 cup pitted green olives
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp ground cumin (didn't realize I was out, so I omitted)
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp dried oregano

In a large skillet brown the ground beef.  Add the bell peppers, onions, and olive oil and saute until the onions and peppers are tender.  Add all of the spices and mix well.  Add the kale and green olives, continue cooking stirring often until the kale is tender (about 4-5 minutes).  
Serve by itself (which I did) or Everyday Paleo suggested sweet potatoes or avocado. 

Also something to note: You can make this as mild or as spicy as you want. I added one whole jalapeno but used half of the seeds. I also added a dash of cayenne. 
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Suz, I hope your 1 carrot snack was a whole carrot. I keep picturing a ziploc with one lonely carrot stick in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! The carrot stick was a whole carrot, a big guy from whole foods. I actually had to cut it in half to fit it in the bag. So no one was lonely in their ziploc :)

    ReplyDelete