Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Pork Burgs





Pork burgers were on the menu tonight!! I made them mini, because, let's face it, they are just so cute. Also, because I can. ha. If you've been following my meals, you know that I like simple recipes and I like them spicy. This recipe definitely followed this theme. I typically make turkey burgers, in a similar fashion and honestly didn't even think to use ground pork until Karen forwarded me a similar recipe. So glad she did, because I think the pork burgers are a little more tastey. Thanks Kare!

Ingredients
1lb. Ground Pork
1/2 jalapeno chopped
1/2 small onion, chopped
1-2 cloves garlic
cilantro (for me, the more the merrier)

Instructions
Chop your jalapeno, onion, garlic and cilantro. Place all ingredients in a medium size bowl and mix together with your hands. Put a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Begin to section off the meat and place in the pan. You can easily make 4 large burgers or 8 mini burgers, shown above. Cook until the middle is no longer pink. I ate my mini burgers (2) atop an arugula salad with tomatos, mushrooms, vinegar and pine nuts. It was damn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment