Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sea Bass



I had some girlfriends from work over tonight....after receiving a few, "what I eat and don't eat" guidelines, I ran with the Sea Bass with Romesco sauce recipe from the CFC Blog. I pretty much loved this recipe and felt like a real culinary genius. A) It's delicious B) It's, yes, SIMPLE C) Enjoy.

3 servings
3 six-ounce sea bass filets
1/3 cup raw walnuts (I don't have a food processor, walnuts are much softer, so I thought they would be a good sub for almonds. Indeed I was right, the Romesco sauce was gorgeous)
3 roasted red peppers
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cloves garlic
Preheat oven 500F. Take your three red peppers and coat with olive oil, place on baking sheet and then into the oven. It took approximately 15 minutes of fighting the smoke detector (which I eventually disarmed), rotating the peppers and then eventually taking them out one by one until they were properly roasted. You will know they are roasted when their stems are black. Once you take out, they kind of deflate. Steam came out of mine. I did a choo choo routine, ha, it was fun. I had wine for support.

Once the peppers are cooled, take the steam out. Peel the skin off and place in a blender with walnuts, 1 clovec hopped garlic, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and half squeeze of lemon. Set aside.

Preheat oven to 400F.

Place the sea bass filets in a baking dish. Drizzle remaining tablespoon of lemon juice over the fish and season each filet with salt free Mrs. Dash. Place in the oven and bake until cooked through (approximately 25-30 minutes). Top each cooked filet with a couple tablespoons of the romesco sauce and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. What's that goop on the top?! It looks gross! hahaha love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! You would love it Erin, it's almost like hummus (yummus!). Roasted red peppers with walnuts, olive oil and garlic all blended up.

    See you tonight bia. ;)

    ReplyDelete