Monday, November 1, 2010

Gawd that was good

I admit, I fell off the paleo wagon on Sunday. Right on my rump. Ok ok, I had wedding cake on Saturday too, but it was a sliver!!! haha, regardless, I am back on my paleo diet. FOCUSED. Also decided I needed to get with it and try one of Erin O's recipes.....I must say - Lady! you have outdone yourself!

I went with the Stuffed Pork Tenderloin, this recipe is so EASY! AND SO GOOD! Look at how yummy it looks! I named this post - "gawd that was good", because Brian and I both kept saying that....as we were cleaning up.


Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Serves 3-4

1lb. boneless pork tenderloin, butterflied
1 small onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup chopped swiss chard (I used one bunch from whole foods, definitely more than one cup, but swiss chard cooks down - very fast I might add, so make sure you watch it)
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp cayenne pepper
olive oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat a couple tablespoons olive oil in your oven safe skillet (I just recently bought a cast iron skillet. I LOVE IT). Saute the onions for about 3 minutes on medium, I started to sprinkle the oregano in at this time. Add garlic to the skillet. After about 1-2 more minutes, add your swiss chard. As I mentioned, swiss chard cooks very quickly, so make sure you watch it. Saute until chard is wilted. Remove from pan and place in a bowl to cool.

Take butterflied tenderloin and season with oregano and cayenne. Stuff the onion/chard mixture into the butterflied pork. I used cooking twine to tie the sides together to avoid spilling the onion/chard goodness. Heat a little more olive oil in the skillet and place the loin in, brown on one side and then turn over. Once you turn over, place the skillet into the oven and cook until it reaches an internal temp of 145F for medium, 160F for well done. Remove from oven and place on cutting board to rest. After a couple minutes slice and serve it up!  BOOM, amazing meal.

Today's Food Log
BREAKFAST 
I wasn't hungry at all this morning, I think it's because of the cheating I did yesterday, so I just had coffee on my way to work, with some coconut milk
@9am 12 cashews, 1 banana
SNACK
20 baby carrots
LUNCH
Jimmy John's unwich - turkey, lettuce, tomato, bacon (won't be doing this again, it kind of sucked, bacon tasted really salty)
SNACK
1 hard boiled egg
DINNER

Stuffed pork tenderloin


Today's Workout Log
1RM Overhead Squat - got up to 135, felt great, then went for the 155 and couldn't pull it. If I had more time, I think I could do it. But I'm bummed, I wanted a new PR. Next time.

5 Rounds for time of:
5 Handstand push-ups (1 abmat, #25lb)
10 Sumo-deadlift high-pulls (#65)
20 Lunges

Post – 20 Back extensions (I had to split!)

1 comment: