Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Kale Chips


Kale has easily surpassed all other greens in my book, taking front seat as my favorite leafy green. I love it. I put it in salads, mix it in with eggs, I saute it with pine nuts and now, thanks to Miss Holly, I also bake it and make a yummy crunchy(ish) snack called Kale Chips!

Here's how you too can create this snack:
Baked Kale Chips
1 bunch of kale, olive oil (I used tuscan herb infused olive oil, which gave the kale a lot of flavor), cayenne pepper or any other seasoning you like.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Take kale off stem, tear into small/medium pieces - put in a medium to large size bowl, depending on how large your bunch of kale is. Drizzle olive oil, mix with hands to spread around. Layer on a baking sheet, sprinkle with seasonings. Cook 12 minutes or until crisp. Enjoy!

Good tip - make sure the kale is dry before you do this, it will have a better crunch & texture.
Thanks Holly!!

1 comment:

  1. We do kale chips about once a week and love them, give dinosaur kale a try as well. A little different texture than both curly or Red Russian. Quite a few vender's at gcm have it right now and should for a while.

    ReplyDelete