Monday, November 8, 2010

Coconut Beef and Zucchini

This dish is by far one of the easiest dishes I've ever put together. Tonight, I paired it with an arugula, apple and walnut salad. I'm trying to cut out fruit this week, so I didn't eat the apples, but my girlfriend, who requested this salad, ate the apples AND added goat cheese. She thought it was amazing, which I totally believe. Something to repeat after the weight loss challenge, after all, isn't goat cheese paleo? maybe? :)

Ingredients
Lean beef (I used a lb. of grass fed beef, stew meat, from whole foods)
1 green zucchini
1 yellow squash
1/2 onion
turmeric
cayenne pepper
coconut oil

Put about a tablespoon of coconut oil in a deep skillet. Put burner on medium. Add your lean beef first and brown. Chop your onion, I keep them larger, not diced. Allow these two ingredients to simmer while you cut your zucchini and squash. Add both items in and stir. Add a little more coconut oil so the vegetables are lightly coated. Add your turmeric and cayenne pepper to taste. Be liberal with the turmeric. Your meat should be almost done or done, but allow everything to simmer for another 5 minutes or so, until the vegetables are slightly tender. Once your veggies are as tender as you want, you are ready to serve!

The salad was tossed with balsamic, 1/2 chopped honeycrisp apple, 1/3 cup walnuts, arugula. Goat cheese optional.

Today's Food Log
BREAKFAST
1 coffee with heavy whip
12 cashews
LUNCH
Whole Foods salad bar - kale, spinach, mushrooms, roasted chicken, cabbage, sesame seed oil, balsamic, cayenne pepper
two slices turkey lunch meat
SNACK
1 coffee with heavy whip (I worked out in the AM and really needed a boost on my drive home!)
DINNER
Arugula and walnut salad, with balsamic
Coconut beef with Zucchini

Today's workout Log
Hang Power Clean - 65(3)-75(3)-80(3)

4 rounds of:
400M Run
10 Overhead Squats @80
10 Pull-ups
Finished in 16:02....slowww

I joined the am crew this morning. Felt good to get the workout out of the way early, but wow, was I stiff this morning. My back and arms felt really tight, so I made a point to really focus on stretching my back out in warmup.My hands were also sore from the pullups on Saturday. This really slowed me down. OHS were solid, probably could have gone up a little bit actually. I need to work on speeding up my pullups.

No comments:

Post a Comment