Saturday, November 6, 2010

Ground Beef and Brussels


I searched the web tonight for a good ground beef and brussel recipe and could not find anything. I just thought this sounded like a match, so I went for it. Glad I did, because it turned out quite delicious!

Ground Beef and Brussels
Servings 2-4

1lb. Grass fed ground beef
1/2 onion
2 cloves garlic
1 bag of brussel sprouts
1 cup of mushrooms
cayenne pepper (or crushed red pepper)
olive oil
mrs. dash salt free (or other seasoning)

Choose a deep skillet for this meal. Lubricate your pan with olive oil or spray. Chop onions and garlic and place in skillet. I usually let the onions have a few minutes to themselves and then I throw the garlic in. Once onions begin to look slightly translucent, place the ground beef into the pan and brown. In the meantime start chopping your brussels. Trim the ends off of the brussel and peel off any brown or bruised layers. Add the mushrooms to the pan. Begin to chop and quarter your brussels. Once this is done, place the brussels into the pan and season as desired with cayenne pepper and mrs. dash, salt free seasoning. Allow to cook for another 10-15 minutes on medium, stirring occasionally. Once the brussels are soft, you know it's done. I served this in bowls.

Today's Food Log
BREAKFAST
4 egg whites with Kale
3 slices of turkey bacon
small coffee with coconut milk
SNACK
3 slices of turkey bacon post workout
1 glass coconut water
SNACK
8 almonds
kales chips - did I mention I just discovered these? Made them for the first time today. Wow, they are good.
I made 1 bushel from whole foods. Brian and I polished them off in 20 minutes.
DINNER
GB and Brussels
1 espresso

Today's Workout Log
5 Rounds for time of:
5 Unbroken jerks @ 85
10 Unbroken pull-ups
15 Unbroken squats
Time: 7:52 (I think)
I was so nervous about this wod! what weight should I do? Will I be able to do the pullups unbroken? geeez, such a worrier I am! I ended up really enjoying this workout. Glad I went with 85, actually wonder what 100 would have felt like. I thought I was going to have to use a band for the pullups but made it through without. yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment