Saturday, December 4, 2010

Sea Scallops

12-3-10 Day late blogging this one! 

I got the taste for scallops yesterday, because Miss Megs Toal sent me a recipe that looked scrumptious!
I went to Whole foods for the ingredients (thinking I had several at home) only to find that I did not. Oopsies. So...I had to make some mods....thanks for the idea Megs!

Scallops
(Serves 1-2)
7 Sea Scallops
1/3 coconut flour
1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon of Mrs. Dash Salt Free
light dashing of pepper
coconut oil

I mixed all the dry ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. In a pan, I heated up coconut oil on medium high.I added the scallops to the mixture one at a time, making sure to roll them around and fully coat them in the mix. Once fully coated, I placed them in the pan. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side for a nice searing. I served atop arugula, but you could eat them plain too. These turned out really rich. Very yummy!!

1 comment: