Thursday, October 21, 2010

Turk Burgs and rutabaga


Serves 2-4
1 lb. ground turkey
1 jalapeno
1 medium onion
1 garlic clove
1 avocado
2 kale leaves
1 rutabaga
1 tbsp of olive oil
dash of cayenne pepper/Mrs. Dash salt free seasoning

Peel the skin off the rutabaga and chop into bite size cubes. I put the olive oil (this time used garlic infused) in a skillet and placed the rutabaga cubes in, on medium. While these are cooking, be sure to mix frequently so they cook evenly and don't burn. I put a lid on the skillet to keep the heat in. I also added a dash of cayenne pepper and Mrs. Dash.

I usually put the ground turkey in a bowl, dice up the jalapeno, onion and garlic and add it to the turkey.
I then section the mixture into 2-4 burgers and place them in a pan.

While they are browning, I slice up the avocado and rip up the kale with my hands. These two items will be used as burger toppers.

Once the rutabaga is soft, you know it's done! Top your burgers and enjoy!

Today's Food Log
BREAKFAST
Coffee with dash of coconut milk
2 hard boiled eggs
16 pecans

SNACK
1 apple

LUNCH
1 serving of Shepards pie

SNACK
5 jicama slices

DINNER
1 serving Shepard’s pie (this stuff was good)
1 cup frozen mango

Today's Workout Log
REST DAY
I was planning on hitting up the box to make up Monday's workout, but had a last minute meeting for tomorrow that I had to get ready for. I am pretty sore from Wednesday's workout, so this is probably a good night to rest up.

5 comments:

  1. Are these really what your meals look like at home? Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Rudy's comment. Presentation of your food > my scrambled / mashed up messes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha, yes, I take a picture of everything I cook. Big weirdo, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your recipes sound great & the pics are amazing...my food is not picture ready! Great job on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Holly! I appreciate you saying that!

    ReplyDelete