Friday, October 22, 2010

Eggs and Kale


mmmm, eggs and kale for breakfast this morning, yum. This is a super easy dish with a super resiliant green. kale is so hearty, I love putting it in soups or simply sauteeing it because it stays pretty firm and doesn't get all limp and gross. I'm not giving you a recipe for this, because I think you can figure it out :)

What I will tell you is that Kale is a super food.

The high calcium and magnesium content of kale helps in building bones and is a good food for those suffering from osteoporosis. Vitamin A and C are antioxidants that protect against many degenerative diseases. The high fiber content of Kale improves the digestive health and protects against colon cancer.
The high potassium and low sodium content of Kale makes it an alkaline food and helps those who suffer from acidity and other digestive disorders. Potassium also reduces blood pressure and helps in fighting heart disease.

So eat up!! Try it as a side, mix it in soups and salads!

Today's Food Log
BREAKFAST
Coffee with dash of coconut milk
4 egg whites with 1/12 kale leaves

SNACK
10 almonds

LUNCH
Yep, you guessed it, left over Shepards pie

SNACK
Mango protein shake (Tried to keep it small 8oz.)

DINNER
Kale and shrimp
3 large leaves of kale and 1 and 1/2 cups of shrimp
Baked a delicata squash - it didn't have a ton of meat, so I ate it with cinnamon for dessert (I needed something, did not eat enough today!)

Workout Log
Bummed that work held me back from the 6pm and the 7pm tonight.
Sometimes my job is not a 9-5! Think I need a run (clocked in a 3 mile run in my hood tonight).

Hitting the box early tomorrow morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment