Monday, December 13, 2010

Playing recipe catch up

Yikes, I have been so bad keeping this thing up to date! I've played with a few great recipes lately and will try and get most of them up this week. This Sweet Potato Hash recipe turned out really really yummy. I found it on Livestrong.com, which has quite a few good paleo recipes. This one is a perfectly sweet and salty mixture for a cold winter day. I ate it for dinner and then re-heated it the next day for a mid morning high protein snack.

Ingredients - Serves 2-3

1 large sweet potato
2 links of italian turkey sausage (can use pork or chicken as well)
1 tsp Coconut Oil
2 tbsp of cinnamon
1 tbsp of nutmeg

Directions 

Pour coconut oil or non-stick spray into your pan so that your hash doesn't stick. Get out your cheese grater and grate your sweet potatoes straight into your large cooking pan. Throw your uncooked ground sausage into the same large pan. Cook all together over med-high heat. That’s right… grease and all! It will take about 10-15 minutes to cook this down. Sprinkle cinnamon in while cooking. 

I ended up cooking the sausage a little by itself, in order to drain some of the grease off. I was nervous about it being too greasy. Once it was about halfway cooked, I added it to the sweet potatoes. 


Workout log

12/11 Saturday 

A1 – 30 second AMRAP of: Kipping Pull-ups (rest 30 seconds) x4 10-9-9-8 

A2 – 30 second AMRAP of: Burpees (rest 30 seconds) x4 11-11-10-10

For Time: (5 min cap)
50 Power Cleans (155/105)
I subbed overhead squats for power cleans, to save my back. 
50 OHS @85 4:45
Post - Reverse Hyper - 15-10-10


12/10 Friday

Front Squat 3-3-3 (95-115-135)
20 min AMRAP of:
10 Box Jumps (24″)
15 Underhand Med Ball Tosses (10′ target)
30 Air Squats
50 Single-Unders
6 rounds and 22 air squats. The med ball underhand tosses were just pure evil. Tried to focus on keeping my back very straight, tight core. Had some lower back pain the next day, but not too bad.



2 comments:

  1. Suz, definitely going to make this when I get back on track with my diet after Christmas--looks like the perfect breakfast or even post-workout meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing! I've seen Zach eat something similar post WOD and have been meaning to ask him for that recipe. It inspired me to search for one like this actually! Happy eating :)

    ReplyDelete