Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Halibut with Zucchini Salsa Verde

Not my best photography here, but I swear this tastes better than it looks! Got this recipe from my mom.
Tomatillos are usually the star of salsa verde, but pureed zucchini makes a surprisingly convincing stand-in.

Halibut with Zucchini Salsa Verde
10 ounces zucchini (about 2 medium), trimmed, chopped
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro plus leaves for garnish
1/3 cup chopped white onion
5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 clove of garlic chopped
2 1/2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeƱo chiles
1 1/4 teaspoons finely grated lime peel
Nonstick vegetable oil spray
1 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1 1/4 teaspoons ground coriander
6 6-ounce skinless halibut fillets or cod fillets

Combine zucchini, chopped cilantro, and next 5 ingredients in blender. Puree until salsa is smooth. I did this ahead, can be made 2 hours before. Transfer to small bowl. Cover and chill.
Preheat broiler. Line broiler pan with foil; coat foil with nonstick spray. Combine 1 1/4 teaspoons pepper, coriander in small bowl; stir to blend. Pat fish dry. Sprinkle fish on all sides with seasoning mixture.
Arrange fish on prepared pan. Broil until just opaque in center, 3 to 4 minutes per side, depending on thickness.

Transfer fish to plates. Spoon some salsa over. Garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve with remaining salsa.
I had a taste for rutabaga tonight, so I paired it with rutabaga and turkey bacon. 

I think I'll use the leftover salsa in eggs tomorrow for breakfast! 

1 comment:

  1. I've missed your recipes. So happy you're posting again! :) This looks fantastic! Can't wait to try it out!!!

    ReplyDelete