Sunday, May 22, 2011

Egg Cupcakes

If you are anything like me, your mornings consist of hitting the snooze 3-4 times - usually getting ready as quickly as possible, because you slept as long as you could push it, without the risk of being late to work! This is why egg cupcakes are SO great! One batch leaves you with a quick, easy, paleo solution for an entire week. Here is my latest version. When you get sick of this, just add different ingredients, i.e. sub turkey bacon for chorizo, spinach and onion for red pepper, etc.


Egg Cupcakes
10 -12 eggs whisked well
1 dash of coconut milk
1-2 red peppers (to taste)
cilantro to taste (the more the better in my opinion)
1lb. of COOKED Pork Chorizo


Preheat oven to 350 and grease with olive oil two muffin pans. In a skillet, cook your chorizo over medium heat until browned. Add in diced red pepper until soft. Drain the grease from your skillet. Add  the chorizo mixture to the bottom of your cupcake pans, filling them up 1/3 of the way. Whisk all your eggs in a big bowl, I added a dash of coconut milk this time, just cuz. Take the egg mixture and fill the muffin pans (you’ll be able to make 18-20 cupcakes). Sprinkle your cilantro (I usually tear apart with my hands) onto each cupcake, to taste. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the eggs are set in the middle.  These are great to take on the go and I like mine heated up or sometimes cold (I know, that sounds weird, but it isn't bad!).

2 comments: