Sunday, June 12, 2011

Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble

We got rhubarb in our csa this week, so I thought I would try a new recipe.....this turned out really good and was super easy to throw together before dinner tonight! Wish I would have snapped a photo before we taste tested it......piggys over here :)

Ingredients

2 cups fresh stawberries
12 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
1 cup Pecan halves
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 1/2 cups rhubarb

Directions


Chop rhubarb, halve/quarter strawberries, place in bottom of 8x8 pan. Melt coconut oil in separate bowl. Mix in unsweetened coconut and crushed pecans. Spread mixture over top of fruit and bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes.

5 comments:

  1. I made something like this last year and it was super tart. How was this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Strawberry to rhubarb ratio is just right, not too tart at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. I'll be trying this again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tried this last night Suz, and it was delicious! Added a touch of whipped cream and since we could only find sweetened coconut at the store...it was a touch sweeter but delicious! And mostly paleo! :=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I just made this and Matt ate the whole thing... had I not spooned myself a bowl prior to his discovery, I'd have missed out completely! It's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete